Wednesday, April 22, 2009
How my earth-friendly children honored Earth Day this year:
1. Picked up gobs of yucky, germy garbage then handed it to me, as if I am the keeper of other people's yucky, germy garbage.
2. Took their baths in the dark to conserve energy, then complained about how they couldn't see anything.
3. Filled their baths just a little bit, then complained when their inch of water turned cold almost instantly.
4. Collected all our empty food boxes to reuse as nifty jewelry boxes, pencil holders, and treasure chests, which, of course, just clutter up our home.
5. Actually attempted to dumpster dive in order to retrieve bottle caps that they are collecting for a school recycling project. I thwarted their efforts.
What are the schools teaching our kids?! (asks the teacher).
I'm all about the Earth...honoring it and all...but we are on Earth Day overload in this house. Can't wait to return to our energy-consuming, garbage-tossing selves tomorrow.