Tuesday, March 24, 2009

When I run for office


Evidently, subconscious Marci thinks I'm running for office some day. What office, you ask? I have no idea. I don't even want to run for anything, not even for exercise.

Let me explain what I am babbling on about. A year or so ago, around the time the country was firing up for the presidential election, I started thinking in my head "Ooh, that won't look good when I run for office" about lots of silly little things.

I'd have a goofy outfit on to run errands and I'd be like, "I hope no one captures a photo of me in this ridiculous outfit". What?

Or if I had a particularly fun "woo-hoo" weekend with friends I'd think, "It will be hard for voters to take me seriously if they catch wind of that party". Huh?

Then there were the occasional comments I'd make that might come across un-politically correct if taken out of context, and I'd worry about that.

And naturally it crossed my mind, Clinton-esque, that there may or may not be witnesses that may or may not have seen me inhale, if you catch my drift.

I think running for office, even an imaginary one, is exhausting and I find all these thoughts rather bizarre. So I've decided to quit; I'm dropping out of the race.

Woo--I feel relief already.


**Once again, don't forget the giveaway! Ends Friday. Comment to enter. Click here for all the info and pics. Good luck!

**Guest blogger coming soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is an interesting side of you, I didn't know about, where does this stuff come from??
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd vote for you - your blog is hilarious! I read it all the time (I found it thru Jessica's blog also)

    ReplyDelete

Other's musings...