Sunday, March 15, 2009

Things I like in Jenny's house


My brother made this and my sister-in-law, Jenny, painted it.
Andy made me a cupboard like this,
but it's in storage for a couple more months yet.

Jenny collects these plates.
I think her parents buy her one every Christmas, if I'm not mistaken.

Old benches make me swoon!


Isn't this flag fabulous? It's HUGE and so cool!

Jenny refinished this table.
More about her refinishing skills below.


Jenny is very talented at refinishing wood furniture.
Case in point, the hutch above.
I wish I had a before photo, but alas, I do not.
You'll have to take my word for it.
Before, it was not very attractive.
I think circa 70's finish, perhaps?
Glossy, dark stain, ugly hardware, etc.
Now it's beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Marci for the compliments-but you are still not getting the hutch back!!
    Seriously though- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tribute to your SIL. She does have great taste and an obvious talent. How lucky you are to be related to each other!

    ReplyDelete

Other's musings...