Monday, February 2, 2009

What Is Up With That?

So, I'm sitting and thinking about how excited I am that my sister-in-law is having her baby this week and how fun it will be to visit her at the hospital.

Then from there my mind drifted to how blah and ooky I felt in the hospital after having my own babies.

What is up with those GINORMOUS panties they give you to wear? And I don't even remember why? Why can't you wear your own? Was it to hold those GIANT diaper-pad thingies?

And then there's the whole "baby popping out of your vagina" thing. I've still never been able to wrap my brain around that. I mean, seriously?

I think woman should be built like a front-load washer, but only when they're pregnant. You'd have that see-through door on your belly so you could watch your baby rolling around in there. No need for sonograms anymore, right?

Then when the baby has run its cycle, you just open the door and pull the baby out, like a load of laundry.

Of course, you lose the front-load washer/window look as soon as the baby is out. I mean, could walking around looking like a washer be much worse than looking like you swallowed 10 freaking beach balls? I think not.

We can put a man on the moon, I'm thinking we can implement my front-load washer/pregnancy plan...

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I think it's called a CESAREAN. You should have signed up for two of those! I loved the whole birth experience. Loved the epidural, loved the hospital stay, loved it all. Hated every. single. minute. of being pregnant but LOVED the birth. I would have babies just to have babies. Although mine were huge (9 lbs, 22 in and 9.5 lbs, 22 in) so the next one would be 10 lbs and would probably force me to have some sort of vajayjay reconstruction surgery or something. So it's a no go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marci - looks like maybe this sister-in-law is going to make sure Jacob doesn't come out now. I didn't know I was signing up for huge mesh panties and wearing diapers (I thought that was resereved for old age)NO THANKS!!

    Will have to check back once he gets here to see if I beat out Heather's baby sizes, she may have to go for #3 afterall!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you your blog Marci!!!! It is so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Other's musings...