Monday, April 6, 2009

Role models


I have women in each age group that I admire and try to emulate. They are my role models, if you will. These role models have to be people I actually know, not celebrities.

A friend of mine represents the 50s age group well, so I look up to her for how I want to live my life when I'm 50+, and even now, for that matter.

This 50-something friend has the qualities that I seek in a role model, qualities that I continue to try very hard to possess. She is calm, cheery, positive, down-to-earth, funny, intelligent, family-focused, kind and graceful. Yet she readily admits her flaws, never claiming to be perfect.

For me, it is important to have role models in my life. They are like guiding stars leading me along the right path. I like to know people who are worthy of imitation, and I wonder, am I alone in that sense, or do many of you seek out role models for your life, too?

**I don't actually know the woman in the photo, but thought it was a good representation of a calm, cool, collected and groovy lady. I might have Jeff take a picture of me trying to imitate that pose. It would be hilarious. I'm not good at jumping/balancing type stunts. Actually, I'm not aware of any stunts that I excel at, since I don't really participate in stunts. I guess I would, though. Where does one sign up for stunt-doing? Do you suppose it is called stunt-doing? If not, what would one call it? Hmm...so many things to ponder...

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I seek out role models, but there are a few people in my life that I greatly admire. I think I'm currently in a state of trying to be a Better Me and trying to be ok with the stuff about me that I can't change.

    So if you know a role model for that, send her my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it is good to get an idea of what you are aiming for. The fact that you respect her would translate well for you in years to come.

    Good luck getting that jump move on film...maybe you can find a passable stunt double? :)

    ReplyDelete

Other's musings...