Friday, January 16, 2009

Too Happy?

Can a person's happiness set point be too high? I just hung up the phone with a friend who thinks I'm too happy.

She didn't really come right out and say those
exact words, but that was the gist. Her and I have discussed happiness before, and I pointed out that she sees me slightly differently than I really am.

I am an optimistic person, but I am by no means, upbeat all the time. Ask my husband. Seriously, he knows there are other sides of Marci besides the cheery side. Ask my children, too, for that matter.

When Jeff was gone almost 6 months to war, someone said to me, "You handled that so well. It hardly seemed like it bothered you at all." That blew my mind, because indeed I did miss Jeff every single day and absolutely
hated that period in my life.

It's interesting that we can be viewed so differently than we see ourselves. I guess it's just a matter of whether or not you wear your heart on your sleeve, maybe? Hmm...


1 comment:

  1. That's interesting. I think you do a great job of seeming upbeat most of the time. At least, that's my memories of you. There could be worse traits to have than an upbeat personality!

    ReplyDelete

Other's musings...